Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

LENTING TIME

x
So I'm half sacrificing things for lent. Why is it half? I heard from someone that if you count the days from now to easter--it's more than 40 days. So basically, you can go back to your old habits on Sundays, but not the rest of the week. Since Sunday for me is usually finish homework day--I decided that my happy day will just be Saturday. Not Friday or Sunday. Just Saturday. Oh yeah, I gave up reading manga for lent. Pretty big thing since I usually slack off with reading them. Soooo not productive unless it's something extremely meaningful.

Photobucket

What do I mean by meaningful and a new paragraph? XD It's this poem. And yes, you'll have to click the link if you want to enjoy the rest of the poem/letter. It's amazing. I mean it. I usually don't go around plugging the link to a piece of literature.

"Hey. Kid. Just listen to me, okay?

Listen to me and breathe. Because if I'm doing my math correctly right now it is June 14th and you are a freshman in high school and you're about to chug down a bottle of Nyquil and give yourself the most mind-blowing asthma attack.

Here's the good news; despite what you're trying to do, you're going to live. The ingredient you are allergic to doesn't kick in until you're sitting in social studies the next afternoon, waiting for the school bell to ring. Here's the bad news; it's a close call, and you almost don't make it. They rush you to the hospital and when you pass out in the waiting room they're going to do a tracheal intubation. It's not going to work, and you're going to lose your memory from your brain cells dying off as they hit code blue and bring out the crash cart. And it's going to fucking hurt. You're one split second away from French kissing death, kid."

READ THE REST MAN: http://socraticsynapses.deviantart.com/art/to-a-young-man-154413422

Grr. Click the link! I command you!

On the side note, the best joke I've seen in facebook so far is one of my friends making fun of a black classmate I know. They're both cool with each other but the questions exposed application thing is hilarious.

What is your friend good at?

Being black

The best part is when the black girl responds to the racist answers. Ten answers similar to each other is hilarious.

0 comments: